5 Fun Facts About Eileen Fisher:
1. Fisher grew up in Des Plaines, Illinois, and attended the University of Illinois.
2. The company was founded by Fisher in 1984 with just $350 dollars.
3. Customers can donate their gently used Eileen Fisher Clothing in return for a $5 gift certificate per article.
4. 70% of the cotton used in Fisher’s clothing is sourced from organic cotton.
5. 20 % of the company’s clothing ia manufactured in the US, while the rest is made in China in compliance with Social Accountability International’s SA8000.
These are just a few reasons why hwga shoppers love Eileen Fisher. “In 1965, 95% of US clothes were domestically made. Today 97% of clothing sold in the United States is manufactured elsewhere.” Since 2003, Fisher has been a part of the movement in keeping manufactured goods here in the US. There is also something charming about coming from humble beginnings. “Although I couldn’t sew and only had $350 in the bank, I believed in these simple shapes. I had four shapes made up and took them to The Boutique Show in New York. Encouraged by $3000 in orders, I expanded my “line” to eight pieces. The second show brought in $40,000 in orders. Suddenly I wasn’t just Eileen Fisher. I was EILEEN FISHER, INC.” she says on EileenFisher.com.
In the spirit of recycled clothing we are chock full of beautiful consignment Eileen Fisher pieces, from designer dresses to pants, skirts to shorts, and shirts to shawls. And an array of comfortable fabrics too, from linen to silk! Like her designs, we make is easy and simple to make sure you get your lovely hands on our best Eileen Fisher resale clothing by creating a custom Wish List for you. Need an Eileen Fisher linen dress in a size 8? Let us do the work for you. All we need is an email or phone number and we will let you know when it comes in. Stop by the Broadway store located at 2438 NE Broadway Ave, Portland, OR and take a gander at our amazing, wide selection of designer resale Eileen Fisher today!